//]]>

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Let it Snow...a Bit Late for Christmas


Well we finally had a nice heavy snow here in KC...in friggin April. Too bad it never seems to snow like this for Christmas.  We got 11 inches starting at about 7am.  Matt decided to stay home and probably will tomorrow as well.  It's been some time since I've seen this much show, and apparently we're suppose to get another heap of it this weekend.  I saw our neighbors shoveling their sidewalk in the morning, but since Matt as working from home and I didn't feel like doing it on my own I decided to wait until closer to when Matt would stop work.  We went out around 4 pm and I'm glad we wait because a guy was using a show blower to clear our neighbor, Julie's  drive way.  He saw we were trying to shovel ours and offered to help with the blowers.  Turns out he lives in the neighborhood over, Linden Hills, and is also a principal at one of the elementary school near by and does this to earn some extra cash and help the neighbors.



He said we could juts pay him as we like and sadly we only had $10 in cash to give him this time, but next time I would say it would be worth at least $15.  If he always comes by we may not have much need for our own snow shovel after all.  Although is is unfortunate we don't get as much exercise from it.  But we shoveled our front path and that was enough exercise for me.



Our neighbor's son ended up helping us shovel quite a bit so I gave him a little money for his help as well. He also hung out with us a bit and we played in the snow.  We made snow angels and barried him in the snow.  I wish we had a sled.  I haven't been sledding in forever and would love to do it.  Plus apparently it's considered an activity got weight watchers so a good hour of sledding can get us some very fun activity points.  This snow should last a while so I'm sure we can run out to Walmart and buy a sled and take advantage if it.  After some snow fun, we all went inside and had, what else, hot cocoa.  Only thing that could have been better is if I could have made my homemade stuff from scratch, but I still need some baking chocolate for that.  Maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment